Design Unlimited was formed by Amanda Tarrant to provide a unique design service for residential properties. Working closely with clients, Design Unlimited will bring their vision and knowledge of interior decoration to all kinds of projects, from the smallest room to the largest house.
Our approach to interior design is as follows:
1. An Introductory Meeting will facilitate a detailed discussion of your requirements, your budget and a review of some visual materials to assist with your choice of styles. This information is used to prepare your Design Brief.
2. The Design Brief sets out our understanding of your specific objectives for each of the rooms discussed. The brief will summarise your outline requirements for:
o Soft Furnishings
It will also set out your chosen design influence for example, whether you prefer traditional, contemporary or country design etc.
The Design Brief will form the basis of all subsequent works and, therefore, changes raised after approval may incur further fees.
3. A Detailed Design will then be undertaken and will include:
i. A full Room Plan detailing the location of furniture, fittings, lighting and any suggested storage. The Room Plan will also mark the location of any required structural alterations .
ii. A Mood Board giving examples of fabrics, floor coverings, wallpapers, tiles, paint pantones, furniture, accessories and suggested window treatments.
Following your approval of the Room Plan and Mood Board we can prepare a Product Specification providing up to three options for each of the products referenced. This list will also include details of the retail prices for the products and where they can be viewed (if possible) and purchased.
4. Product Sourcing as required. We can procure the items recommended in the Product Specification for which we are able to obtain a trade discounted price . Unlike our competitors, we shall then pass on to you 25% of any discount we receive. Typically, when you off-set this discount against our fees, the cost of our services will be significantly reduced.
5. We are able to Recommend Trades' people with whom we have worked in the past. Such recommendations do not in any way constitute a guarantee of their workmanship. Any contractual relationship will be directly between you and the individuals or companies recommended.
6. We provide a full Project Management Service for the implementation of any of our designs including taking delivery at your home of any products and supervising your contractors from commencement of works until satisfactory completion.
Contact us for further details